- The goal of this program announcement is to stimulate basic, translational and clinical research in the field of epilepsy by promoting collaborations among junior investigators.
- This program announcement invites both research project grants (R01) and exploratory/developmental research grant applications (R21).
- Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
- Eligible organizations include: For-profit organizations; Non-profit organizations; Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories; Eligible agencies of the Federal government; Units of State government; Units of local government ; Foreign Institutions; Domestic Institutions; and Faith-based or community-based organizations.
- Eligible principal investigators include: Postdoctoral trained individuals with institutional appointments through Assistant Professor, or equivalent, position. Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct.
- See Section IV.1 for application materials.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster